In this section we’ll walk through you will learn how to create a your own Sinric Pro device type Washing Machine using “Device Templates” feature and
learn how to define modes modes Hot, Warm and Cold.
Built-in device types are nice but sometimes they are just not what we want. In this walk though we will create a new custom device type
called Washing Machine, auto generate the code and control it using Amazon Alexa.
Step 1: Create Washing Machine device template
- Login to your Sinric Pro account.
- Go to Device Templates menu on left.
- Click Add Device Template button.
- Template Name: Washing Machine
- Description: washing machine template
- Device Type: Other. If the device type you are looking for is in the list, you can select it
- Go to Capabilities tab.
- Now we must to drag and drop the capabilities supported by our washing machine.
- Drag and drop Power because we want to turn on/off our Washing Machine.
- Drag and drop Mode because we want to set the wash temperature to : Hot, Warm and Cold.
- Click on Configure button and define the three modes
InstanceId: You can leave it as it is. We use InstanceId to uniquely identify a mode when you add multiple modes
Locale: Choose English (US)
Mode name: Enter Wash Temperature
- Modes: Enter following modes
Click Save to save the modes
- Click Save to save the template
Step 2 : Creating Washing Machine Device
Now we are going to create a device out of the device template we created ealier.
Step 3 : Generating Code for Washing Machine Device
- Click on Code Generator to generate the custom device code.
- Sinric Pro will generate custom device the code for ESP8266/ESP32. You can download the project as a zip file and unzip and run. Make sure you are using the
latest version of the Sinric Pro SDK (v2.9.0). Otherwise you may see compile errors in your IDE
This document is open source. See a typo? Please create an issue